Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Where expectations lead Us

Until today I have been thinking or I have seen only positive angle of the "expectation". When I say positive angle as in:

" A mother "expecting" her child to grow big and some day make her dreams come true or grow up into at the least a good samaritan " or

" what does a toddler expect from the world, just a bottle of milk"

" If you ask a 10 year middle class family kid, he would want something which a upper class family kid has of his age"

" If you ask a 25 yr old guy with a good degree and nice job( I really did ask) , he would say he expects fun and joy in his life"

These are just samples. When you categorize the list of things tat people expect from their life, I really wonder I would be immersed in an ocean of expectations of good and unfortunately some evil list .

Is Expectation good ? bad ?

I wonder when or where the level/type of expectation takes diversity from its positive angle to negative. Well from my experience people tend to think that the life or the situation they are living in present is worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be. So they tend to fool themselves with expectations and again I am not asking one not to expect anything from life but to be cautious about the expectations.

" Today a strange thing happened with me. I encountered a situation today where I got a call from this so called higly educated, person who demands or I would rather use word "threatens" money from me for not only causing damage to my time but also for my career. My blood pressure might have measured 200. I feel funny now for the way I felt when I was talking to that person( I m in my 20s when I am writing this blog, probably thats the reason for my BP levels) . When I came to my senses, I started thinking what exactly makes a person to feel this way and I could think of only one word expectations of course a bad one which would lead to greediness and then destroy person before even he/she realises. If he has realised what he is expecting from others he wouldnt be in this situation in the first place."

So Mates Please watch out when you expect things from others. Just think for a sec, " Is your expectation hurting others? "
" Dreaming is one thing, and working towards the dream is one thing, but working with expectations in mind is very self-defeating"

Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

No comments: